John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello fellow 1010 admirers, gear box questions here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dakotajack39
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Hello fellow 1010 admirers, gear box questions here Empty
PostSubject: Hello fellow 1010 admirers, gear box questions here   Hello fellow 1010 admirers, gear box questions here EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:55 am

I have a 64' RUS and it does work great! I have put a little basic mantanance into her but overall its solid. I do have a question, the gears grind more then I am use to with an older tractor. I am use to the red machines and they rarely gring when shifting gears. The gear box wines too. Is this somewhat normal for this model?? I changed all the fluids this year and put Hydro fluid in the gear box, hydro system and final drives. Should the gear box have something thicker in it?? Any help would be great!!
Back to top Go down
JD 1010 RU
Admin
Founder
Admin  Founder
JD 1010 RU

Hello fellow 1010 admirers, gear box questions here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow 1010 admirers, gear box questions here   Hello fellow 1010 admirers, gear box questions here EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:24 pm

Hey Dakotajack39 Welcome to the Fourms, I can tell you that mine do grind when i shift gears before and after being rebuilt by a John Deere shop so i would say that some grinding my be normal.

as for the fluid i use only Hy-Guard from john deere but ill check my book tonight and post the oil specs for the fluid.
Back to top Go down
https://1010series.forumotion.com

Hello fellow 1010 admirers, gear box questions here
Page 1 of 1