John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PTO hard to engage or cannot engage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PTO hard to engage or cannot engage Empty
PostSubject: PTO hard to engage or cannot engage   PTO hard to engage or cannot engage EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Hello all I have a 63 1010 RU that I just got running and 5' bush hog. Yesterday I hooked everything up fired up the tractor and tried to engage the PTO and it would not lock into place, after a couple minutes of going around the field holding the pto lever in one hand and steering with the other the PTO lever snapped forward and locked into place so I finished cutting the field I was in. I then dis-engaged and moved to my second field where I could not get it to lock back in again. I quit and took the tractor to the barn and gave up for the night. Are there any adjustments I can do for this or are there any other sujestions.
Back to top Go down
JD1010
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PTO hard to engage or cannot engage Empty
PostSubject: Re: PTO hard to engage or cannot engage   PTO hard to engage or cannot engage EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm not too sure about this.... Does this happen when there is no shaft connected? Reason I ask is some times mine will bind up a little bit with the bush hog. If it happens again try disconnecting the shaft/or spinning the shaft then try it again.
Back to top Go down

PTO hard to engage or cannot engage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors :: 1010 Series :: 1010 Tractor Series General Discussion-
Jump to: