John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whidbey Bruce
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

New Member Empty
PostSubject: New Member   New Member EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Hello My name is Bruce I live on Whidbey Island in Washington State. I have a JD 1010 which I bought from Washington State Test farm at auction. I have had it 3 years or so now. I used it yesterday with a box blade on our driveway which is 6 tenths of a mile long. I need to add ballast or wheel weights to the rear. Does anyone know the JD part numbers for the rear wheel weights. I have a PTO chipper I run on it also and a 5 ft bush hog and a 5 ft PTO tiller. Last summer I was using the Tiller when it stopped and I lost hydraulics also. Fortunatley it was in the raised position so I was able to road it home the 6 miles. I ended up splitting the tractor and the spline drive on the pressure plate had sheared the rivets off. I replaced the rivets with grade 8 bolts and also welded the spline in place. Working fine now. The new pressure plate would have cost over $250.00. I just got a quote for Rim Guard ballasting the rear tires about $350 or so it would add about 600 pounds to the rear tires.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1