John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1010 RUS hydraulic fluid blowing out filler cap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mvaarpt
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

1010 RUS hydraulic fluid blowing out filler cap Empty
PostSubject: 1010 RUS hydraulic fluid blowing out filler cap   1010 RUS hydraulic fluid blowing out filler cap EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 12:51 am

1010 RUS.  Was running bush hog for about five hours today and hydraulic fluid started running out of the filler cap.  Driving it home the hydraulic pump was making a high pitched whine.  Not leaking when I got home but when serviced to full again, after 5-10 seconds fluid starting running out of the filler cap.  Took cap off and fluid did seem to have air in it. When I shut off the tractor, the fluid continued to flow out of cap for a few seconds. I am guessing internal leak or plugged screen.  When a load is raised on the 3 point, it bleeds down slightly and then bounces back up about every 15 seconds.  This has been happening for a while but the fluid leaking out just started today.  Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

1010 RUS hydraulic fluid blowing out filler cap
Page 1 of 1