John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

1010 RUS hydraulic fluid blowing out filler cap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mvaarpt
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: 1010 RUS hydraulic fluid blowing out filler cap   Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:51 am

1010 RUS.  Was running bush hog for about five hours today and hydraulic fluid started running out of the filler cap.  Driving it home the hydraulic pump was making a high pitched whine.  Not leaking when I got home but when serviced to full again, after 5-10 seconds fluid starting running out of the filler cap.  Took cap off and fluid did seem to have air in it. When I shut off the tractor, the fluid continued to flow out of cap for a few seconds. I am guessing internal leak or plugged screen.  When a load is raised on the 3 point, it bleeds down slightly and then bounces back up about every 15 seconds.  This has been happening for a while but the fluid leaking out just started today.  Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

1010 RUS hydraulic fluid blowing out filler cap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors :: 1010 Series :: 1010 Tractor Series General Discussion-
Jump to: