John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

starter problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KC Ranch
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: starter problem   Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:31 pm

I have a JD 1010 diesel, not sure what year, no serial number on it that I can find. I just put new rings and bearing in it and when I was putting back together; I am having many issues. Number 1 is the starter continues to spin after I turn the key off. I have replaced the switch and the solenoid and still have the same issue. The only way to stop it from spinning is to remove a battery cable. Any ideas? I had a picture of how the wires were connected but lost them. I the manual I have shows the starter hooked to the negative side of the battery and the positive side of battery to ground and I don’t think that is correct.
I need to get the starter working correctly, so I can try to bleed the air out of the injector pump which I heard is very hard to do and lines. So far, I am getting nothing out of the fuel lines to the injectors. I have bleed the filters and line to the injector pump.
Question
Back to top Go down

starter problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors :: 1010 Series :: 1010 Tractor Series General Discussion-
Jump to: