John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dubuque-man
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS Empty
PostSubject: Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS   Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Here are some before and after photos of my father-in-law's 1963 1010 RS that I described in my introduction to the forum. The restoration is finished except for installing the weights. I actually enjoy using the 1010 more than my 2 cylinders tractors in many cases. It had sat in a barn for about 5 to 6 years without being started. Before i bought it, I had to repair the starter so I could check the compression- it had 125 lb on each cylinder. It was sitting on 4 flat tires. The rear two had fluid in them. As you might guess, they were eaten up with rust. I put air in the tires and was suprised they stayed up long enough to load the tractor onto my trailer. The next day, I drained out 10 gallons of rancid gas and checked out the distributor. With new gas, it started very easily. For the last two and a half years, I have bought several new parts, including a grill, steering wheel center cap, and side name plates. I was able to find one used power-adjust rear rim and repaired the other. Recently, I gave it a new paint job, and while not professsional, it looks pretty good. It will be a handy little tractor to use around the place and it means a lot to me since it was my father-in-laws and he loved it so much.

Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS Pictur12

Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS Pictur11

Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS Hallow10

Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS Hallow11
Back to top Go down
Skinny
Skinny

PostSubject: Re: Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS   Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Wow!!

Looks great. Good job.

It's great to bring them back. Inspires me to work a little long on ours.

Post some pics of it working sometime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.talonchl.com
JD 1010 RU
Admin
Founder
Admin  Founder
JD 1010 RU

PostSubject: Re: Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS   Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:50 pm

I agree you did a nice job on the 1010, Looks like its brand new off the factory floor.
Back to top Go down
https://1010series.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS   Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS Empty

Back to top Go down

Before and after restoration of Father-in-law's 1010 RS
Page 1 of 1