John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1010's not mine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Missouri Massey Man
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

1010's not mine Empty
PostSubject: 1010's not mine   1010's not mine EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Well Richard from Virginia I'm glad you've set up a 1010 forum. Good to see you've gotten your granddad's JD and it didn't go to someone that would just resell and make some money off of it. I've found that the tractors that you have a personal connection to are the most memorable no matter how many others you accumulate. Unfortunately, the 1010 I have is really my brother in laws that's needed a home for the last few years. May be able to buy it from him eventually....I do have a problem with the clutch though, originally it would barely move out of its tracks for slipping, so we broke it down and installed a new clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing and now it doesn't seem to want to fully DIS engage. Do you know if there is any adjustment except removing the clutch lever and rotating it on the splined shaft?? I'm too cheap to buy a book, I seem to spend my allotment on parts....Oh this was supposed to be an introduction. My name is Wendell and I only have a JD LA about a '41 and a JD A, early styled '39 or '40. Just made a deal on two B's, too wet to go get. My brother has a 440 hi lift with the two cylinder two stroke GM diesel in it. Most of my others are both shades of red and the other green with an orange or two thrown in the mix. Enjoying life nearing retirement right on the edge of the Mississippi.
Back to top Go down
JD 1010 RU
Admin
Founder
Admin  Founder
JD 1010 RU

1010's not mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1010's not mine   1010's not mine EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Thank you for the comment, yes I did grew up watching my grandfather work his farm with this 1010 so I do have a special place in my heart for it.

As for your clutch problem since you say you had to rebuild the clutch area it might just be as simple as doing like you said and removing the clutch pedal and re-attaching it.
If you do that and still have problems you may have to dig deeper into it
Back to top Go down
https://1010series.forumotion.com
Missouri Massey Man
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

1010's not mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1010's not mine   1010's not mine EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 pm

I'll work on it this weekend and if I run into another problem, I'll be sure to post another question. Thanks for the site and thanks for the response. Wendell. By the way do you think this site will be dedicated to only 1010's or will you possibly branch out to include all JD's??
Back to top Go down
JD 1010 RU
Admin
Founder
Admin  Founder
JD 1010 RU

1010's not mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1010's not mine   1010's not mine EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:37 pm

It’s mostly going to be for the 1010’s only but there is a thread for all other john Deere’s tractors on there for people,
Back to top Go down
https://1010series.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

1010's not mine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1010's not mine   1010's not mine Empty

Back to top Go down

1010's not mine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors :: News and announcements :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: