John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new member in upstate NY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
allmostafarm
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

new member in upstate NY Empty
PostSubject: new member in upstate NY   new member in upstate NY EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Hello everyone,just acquired a 1010 today not sure what year it is or where to look for id tag as to date it .It seems to run good [just got it off the trailer and brush hogged a small section with it} the steering is a little sloppy.It has different fenders than what I see in pics of other 1010's they are flat on top and have lights built into them could they have possibly been changed? or is a later model? Any help appreciated.....Thanks........Don
Back to top Go down
JD 1010 RU
Admin
Founder
Admin  Founder
JD 1010 RU

PostSubject: Re: new member in upstate NY   new member in upstate NY EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Welcome to the fourm Glad to have ya Very Happy

The 1010's never had lights on the finders, I think the 1020 seires had them? as for year if the gear shift is on the dashboard then its a 1960-1962, if the gear shift is on the top of the trassmission then its a 1963-1965. if you need any help or have any questions feel free to post them Very Happy

the seriel number should be on the right side of the engine block next to the oil filter, The photo below is an old one of mine.,

new member in upstate NY 2mwe9me

Back to top Go down
https://1010series.forumotion.com
Skinny
Skinny

PostSubject: Re: new member in upstate NY   new member in upstate NY EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:54 pm

WELCOME!

2010 Row Crop Deluxe Models came with flat fenders. From my limited research into 2010s the Deluxe models had an upgraded seat and flat fenders.

So I would guess they have been replaced.

If you can give us your complete serial number, specifically the letters, that may help a little more. RUSs (aka "Specials") seem to have been let off the line with all sorts of "options" not specified. I doubt it came off the line with flat fenders as 1010s and 2010s would have been made in different runs but since they were both made at Dubuque it may have been possible for a set to be laying around and put on.

Glad your here. Jump on in.

Back to top Go down
http://www.talonchl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new member in upstate NY   new member in upstate NY Empty

Back to top Go down

new member in upstate NY
Page 1 of 1