John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carb Issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iya0yas5
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Carb Issue Empty
PostSubject: Carb Issue   Carb Issue EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Let me start a month back because it may help someone troubleshoot...

It seems like one problem after another... I got my 65 1010 RUS to start after replacing the points. Drove it about 300 yards and the water pump blew a seal. Had the water pump rebuilt and I reinstalled. Now it will start but runs really rough with smoke rolling out of the exhaust pipe. I have to keep the choke closed and its 85 degrees. If I open the throttle, it acts like it is gasping for air and it will die. I have blew out the carb and soaked it in cleaner. I cannot tell, but I do not think I have any debris in the jets etc. Gas does roll out of the choke hole on occasion. I bent the float so it would apply more pressure to the plunger.

Any help would be appreciated. My next step is buying a new carb or rolling it into the pond... I don't want to do the first and would never do the second, just frustrated...bom 

Back to top Go down
RangerMatt
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Carb Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carb Issue   Carb Issue EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:30 pm

I had similar issues with mine when I first got it. Mine was caused by partially clogged fuel lines/filters. The big culprit on mine was the valve area of the sediment bowl. I drained by tank and pulled the sediment bowl. Some the of sediment bowl assemblies have a tube-shaped screen that goes up into the tank, mine didn't.
I poured fresh gas into the tank and let it run out of the tank into a funnel/jug. It's amazing how much gunk builds up around that hole. I replaced the sediment bowl assembly with a new one from Tractor Supply, but the inlet holes that the gas flows into were much smaller. I noticed this when I was installing it, but didn't figure it mattered much. I was wrong. It starved the engine of fuel, so I put the original back on with a new gasket and internal screen (both available at JD dealers for about $10).
I also replaced my fuel line, using rubber hose and put a clear, inline filter in it so that I could keep tabs on how much junk is getting through the sediment bowl.
Back to top Go down
JD 1010 RU
Admin
Founder
Admin  Founder
JD 1010 RU

Carb Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carb Issue   Carb Issue EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:34 pm

sorry for taking a while to reply, if you still need a carb, this man is selling a rebuilt one for $25

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-1010-Rebuilt-carburetor-Marval-Schebler-TSX860-/251352552977?pt=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item3a85c79611
Back to top Go down
https://1010series.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Carb Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carb Issue   Carb Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Carb Issue
Page 1 of 1