John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help with ownership decision

Go down 
AuthorMessage
damon_sisk
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Help with ownership decision Empty
PostSubject: Help with ownership decision   Help with ownership decision EmptyThu May 22, 2014 9:42 am

First, thanks for any help with this decision.  I have a JD 1010 tractor/710 loader/50 backhoe, 4 cylinder diesel.  The engine power dropped to almost nothing one day.  The problem is no combustion in two cylinders and some strange engine noise.  I'm fairly certain the engine needs a rebuild, which I could do.  But I am not familiar with part costs on this model.

I really need a machine that can work, not one I need to baby.  The problem is that my budget is low.

What are the largest likely costs to get the engine running again?  What should I look for as I disassemble the engine to determine the economics of the situation?
What is a reasonable ballpark value as it is?  I'm thinking about a skid steer with a backhoe attachment instead.  Thanks for any input.

Help with ownership decision 05221411

Last edited by damon_sisk on Thu May 22, 2014 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to get the picture to simply show)
Back to top Go down

Help with ownership decision
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors :: 1010 Series :: 1010 Tractor Series General Discussion-
Jump to: