John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just Purchased 1010 & New Member in Washington State

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pacificnwrider
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Just Purchased 1010 & New Member in Washington State Empty
PostSubject: Just Purchased 1010 & New Member in Washington State   Just Purchased 1010 & New Member in Washington State EmptyFri May 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi Group! Greg in Washington State; the desert side. I just purchased my second 1010; the first of which I bought and later sold about 20 years ago. When I saw the ad for this one, I was feeling nostalgic; after some phone discussion, I took the 2 hour drive from my home in Moses Lake WA to Walla Walla Wa to look at it. It cost me $1500 for the privilege of calling it mine, LOL!! I paid too much, but oh well.
It's reported to have a rebuilt engine. Seems to run good and shift well. The clutch needs adjustment, the tires are cracked, and its missing the all elusive rear engine panels, but it's otherwise close to being able to drag something through a field.
I bought it to work on my small acreage row crop farm, (9 acres); and to pull my Moline 2 bottom tumble plow. Yesterday I learned this is a positive ground system; but not before I switched the battery terminals. Do you think I did any damage to it? Also, it seems to be smoking from where the exhaust manifold attaches to the upright pipe, whats leaking here?
An and all information you can give would be great! I'm looking forward to learning about this great machine!
Back to top Go down
LRover
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Just Purchased 1010 & New Member in Washington State Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Purchased 1010 & New Member in Washington State   Just Purchased 1010 & New Member in Washington State EmptyMon May 25, 2015 12:14 am

Sounds like a nice 1010 and at a good price too. Shouldn't have hurt anything swapping the battery leads. You can go ahead and change it to negative ground fairly easily if you want to. I did it to mine and upgraded from the generator to an alternator, just finished that today actually.
Back to top Go down

Just Purchased 1010 & New Member in Washington State
Page 1 of 1