John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Texas Panhandle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skinny
Skinny

Hello from Texas Panhandle Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Texas Panhandle   Hello from Texas Panhandle EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Glad to have finally made it here. Thanks to Richard for this forum and working out my log in mess.

Going to central Texas this week to pick up my wife's grandfather's 1964 1010 RUS. Bought the same year she was born and is the only tractor she has ever known on the farm.

It quit starting about 2 years ago and the starter is the suspected culprit. Problem is it has sat for two years out of the shed. 3 of the 4 tires are flat/cracked, PTO leak, and missing the starter, battery, and wires. What else? Dunno yet.

This is a project for my son's and I. My oldest has really taken an interest in this as his great-grandfather's tractor. It doesn't hurt that he works at a JD house. We are all looking forward to jumping in the middle of it.

I'll get some pics posted asap.

I'm sure the questions will start next week and hopefully I can get to the helping more than asking stage quickly.

Back to top Go down
http://www.talonchl.com

Hello from Texas Panhandle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors :: News and announcements :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: