John Deere 1010 Series Tractors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need advise on buying.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
horsefly2
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Need advise on buying..... Empty
PostSubject: Need advise on buying.....   Need advise on buying..... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Just joined the forum...
For months I have been looking for a used tractor for putting in some food plots for deer hunting.
I recently found one I'm thinking seriously about buying and would like opinions from the experts before bitting the bullet.
It's a 1010R and looks pretty good in the pictures. The present owner says the only thing wrong with it is the clutch will not disengage. He's going to take a look at it to see if it needs lube or adjustment and call me back in a few days.
The tractor also has a front bucket which comes with it. He's asking $2000 for it because he has a larger tractor and a crawler and no longer needs the 1010.
Any thoughts on the clutch issue? and does the price seem reasonable?, I think it does but would like others opinions.
I can post a couple pics as soon as I figure out how.
Thanks much,
Bob
Back to top Go down
JD 1010 RU
Admin
Founder
Admin  Founder
JD 1010 RU

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on buying.....   Need advise on buying..... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Well in my opinion $2000 for a working 1010R is good as the R is hard to find, but with the clutch acting up I would say try to talk him down about $100-$300

because If something is wrong and you hire somebody to fix it for you your looking about $800-$1000 for parts and labor as they will have to spit the tractor in two.

but this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://1010series.forumotion.com
Skinny
Skinny

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on buying.....   Need advise on buying..... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:45 am

$2000 with a bucket and even if you do have to hire a $1000 of repairs is still pretty good. Most of the 1010s I see with buckets are in the $4000 range and up. And some of those are beaters.

About the cheapest 1010, that runs, I have seen is hovering around $2000.

If you can talk him down a little then great but if the rest of the tractor checks out I still think you're ahead...at least the few I've seen around these parts.

Let us know what you decide. I'd be interested to see how it all works out.

Oh my manners Embarassed ...Welcome Exclamation

Back to top Go down
http://www.talonchl.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on buying.....   Need advise on buying..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Need advise on buying.....
Page 1 of 1