John Deere 1010 Series Tractors

A Place for fans of the antique 1010 Series tractors to call home

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

fluid types and locations to fill and drain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
45 miles
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: fluid types and locations to fill and drain   Sun May 11, 2014 9:08 pm

I just recently bought a John Deere 1010 (rus 44987) gas engine, at a farm auction.   I am wanting to change all of the fluids in it but I don't have a clue what kinds of fluids to use.(transmission, hydraulics).    Would someone PLEASE help me out? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
MB1010
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: fluid types and locations to fill and drain   Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:00 pm

I just picked up a 1010w. This is what I have learned so far. The oil has a 1" drain plug right on bottom of oil pan. depending if you have the oil filter kit on it (which means you can use a regular spin on filter) or you have a filter under the oil filter housing. It is on the right hand side of motor. I use high mileage 10w-30.If you need I can get you part numbers for oil filter. Mine has a 710 loader and it has a drain plug and filter housing on the bottom of the left arm (when sitting on machine). I am pretty sure the hydraulics there will run the power steering etc. I was told to use a high viscosity hydraulic oil.I am not sure how much hydro fluid it will take. I also have a model 50 backhoe attachment. When I drained it I only got about 6 gals out of it. I also just order the filter(over $100). I will post that part number when I get it next week. I have been told there is also a screen in the hydro line-haven't found that yet- I also ordered a thermostat and gasket (about$15) and plan on draining and flushing that as well. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down

fluid types and locations to fill and drain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
John Deere 1010 Series Tractors :: 1010 Series :: 1010 Tractor Series General Discussion-
Jump to: